Saturday, June 5, 2010

Atlanta Airport

Last week I was flying back from a business trip to Florida and was connecting through the Atlanta airport. As I was walking through the airport I ran into a good friend of mine who I hadn't seen in about 8 years - Christy Smith. Christy was one of my seminary students in Texas when I taught New Testament when we lived down there. She was also in Young Women's with Brooke. She was one of those youth who always had her act together. It turns out that Christy is teaching seminary herself and has been for a few years now in Utah where her husband is going to law school. In fact, a year or so ago when I was teaching Old Testament seminary here in Minnesota, Christy was teaching at the same time in Utah. It was great to see Christy again!

As we briefly talked in the airport we also discovered that her husband and my parents recently had dinner together in Kiev, Ukraine. My parents are on their mission there and Her husband, Chase, is doing a summer internship with a lawfirm. It's a small world.

1 comment:

  1. Such a small world! Thanks for saying I was a youth with my act together...sometimes I look back at high school and think, man I could have been better. I owe a lot to you two though for your influence at that age!

    ReplyDelete